Monday, May 9, 2011

Yoga

Alma and I have recently started slacking on our daily baking.  I think I might have gotten baked-out.  We make the occasional scones but we are generally taking a break.

About a month ago, we started a new daily tradition of yoga.  Sure, it only lasts 5 minutes, but its really fun and Alma is already at the stage where she can do most of it unassisted.  We keep to the same routine each time.  This consists of the following:

* Reaching up to the sky - touching our toes (4 times for the set)
* Downward dog (yes, there is barking involved) - cobra (3 times for the set)
* Cat - Cow (usually around 5 times for this set, which also involves animal noises)
* Reaching up to the sky - touching our toes (2 times for the set)
* Sing the Namaste song and three OMs while we have hands in prayer

I hope to keep this daily routine going as it is a great way for us to connect and for me to remember to stretch.

No comments: