Friday, March 23, 2007

Greener Pastures

Five months ago, I joined the Independence Seaport Museum Visitor Services Department. Unfortunately, the exciting position offered to me turns out to be much more in the lines of "ticket taker" than "energetic program developer". The museum has a great deal of potential and the little black cloud hanging over it is getting smaller ... but they still need to do a lot of work.

This past Tuesday I gave my two weeks notice so that I could move on to greener pastures. And, gosh, did greener pastures come quickly.

• Within an hour of resigning, I was offer a position teaching sailing for Getaway Sailing for the summer. Sure it is in Baltimore, but Joshua and I are thinking that I can teach on the weekends and it can be mini vacations for us. While I teach sailing for the day, he can sit on a boat, sip coffee, and play Age of Empires on the computer.

• Yesterday I found out that I was awarded the teaching assistant position for the Urban Studies program at Temple University that I have been anxiously waiting to hear about. This means that I can attend school full-time starting in the Fall with full tuition remission (= free!) and will be earning more than I do now working part-time.

Not bad pastures, if you are asking me. Now I just need to find a part-time gig in Philly for during the weekdays. I'm sure something fun will pop up soon enough!

No comments: