Sunday, May 27, 2007

Brian's 30th Birthday Party

When I tell people that my brother just turned 30, I also express some disbelief in the fact. He seems much older! Gosh, with how grown-up Brian has always been, I'd guess that he has been at least 30 years old for the last decade! (When he was younger, he once moaned that in a family of black sheep, he was the white one.)

Kidding aside, he has always been a great older brother -- easily the most dependable and giving person I know. He is able to both keep a secret and secretly cheer for me to be myself ... even if we are opposite sides of the spectrum at times.
Bridgette threw him a BBQ party on Saturday. It went something like this:
A huge cake!
Beer pong!
Babies and Charlie the dog sharing a snack!
Mom and Dad!Presents for Brian's birthday and Bridgette's graduation from her Master's program! (We gave Brian a Tortured Philly Fan tee-shirt and Bridgette a singing bowl.)


Sunday morning after mass, we took Mom and Dad to see the outside of our future home. (We have the closing tomorrow!) They were surprised by how nice it looks through the windows. On Sunday night we went over to my cousin David's house to play Wii and have a few drinks, which was super fun.
Yesterday we did nothing but try to fit as much napping on the couch in as possible. We realize that we have a busy few months ahead of us so we tried to rest up and enjoy the lack of activity as much as we could.

No comments: