Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Our Immediate Family Includes Our Ice Cream Maker

This past weekend I went down to Baltimore to teach at Getaway Sailing, where I worked for the summer after I graduated from college. It was fun to be out on the water and "talk boats" for eight straight hours for two days in a row. Even though it has made for a 11-day work week, it is strangely refreshing for me ... some times I think that it might be more relaxing than an actual weekend.

I'll be teaching one weekend a month during the summer as a way of getting out on the water. Then in August (after I complete my internship and before school starts), my father and I will embark upon our big sailing adventure. We are going to be sailing a mid-sized boat around the Chesapeake for a full week. We are both totally jazzed about the adventure. Joshua will join us during the weekend, which will be awesome because I will have my two favorite men on board for a sailing trip!

My roommate from college, Heather, was kind enough to put me up in her cute little house in Baltimore for the weekend (again). It is always fun to see Heather; I'm looking forward to a weekend trip to the beach with her and my other college roommates in July.

In updating her about our lives, I mentioned our amazing ice cream maker. I realized that Joshua and I are always talking about the marvels of our ice cream maker. When we got it as a wedding gift from my soccer team in Seattle (Hello, PuddleJumpers!), it was the only gift we debated (for weeks) about returning for something more adult ... like a toaster. Eventually curiosity got the best of us and we tried it out. No joke, this thing makes 2 qts of ice cream in 25 minutes and all you have to do is add milk and sugar (and all the candy pieces you can stand) to the machine and turn it on. It is the greatest invention ever and I probably sing its praises more often than is socially acceptable.

If you are in the area, please stop by our place and we will enjoy some refreshing ice cream together!

3 comments:

Patrick said...

I will be there in two weeks! I enjoy minty ice cream. Perhaps we can preface it with some paT's or genO's. Hee.

Anonymous said...

Woot! I have to admit the ice cream maker was my idea. I've passed on your entry to Steve and Zach, and we all were happy to hear you're enjoying it so much. :)

gochisholmsgo said...

Pat - Like I'm guessing, you aren't going to be able to run those 10Ks once you get back to Afghanistan. And that is my goal!

Kate - Yeah, it really was an excellent gift! Thanks for thinkin' of it.