Thursday, June 19, 2008

Joshua in action

One of the draw-backs of Joshua's position is his ridiculous hours. Currently he is working well beyond sane hours. As a director, this may pick up even more. I've come to realize that my dedication to the surrounding communities entails giving up a "normal" home life (whatever that means) with my husband. We make sure we spend time together and Joshua is good about taking care of himself -- i.e. he can now bench press more than his own weight without a spot! -- however, I have to admit that it is draining at times.
But then I see pictures like the ones above -- Joshua meeting with community members -- and I realize that it is awesome work that he has the opportunity to do. And it makes me excited to finish school and get out there to help the cause.
Obviously, I'm super proud of how talented (and handsome) my husband is.

No comments: