Tuesday, July 1, 2008

While Joshua was in California for a work conference and his grandfather's funeral, I have had a busy week and a half.

Mid-work week I was able to go camping and kayaking on the Delaware River at the Delaware Water Gap. Since the company where I am interning (DVRPC) works on transportation and environmental projects in the area, they make an investment in staff development to do some field work (or, in this case, field enjoyment) in the counties where the mapping and analysis is performed. I had the opportunity to share a double kayak with Victoria, the undergraduate intern who has been teaching me everything she knows about cartography -- which is a lot! I would be lost without her and feel like I should be paying her tuition for all that she is teaching me. Good thing Victoria and I share a desk and I'm a quick learner because otherwise this internship might have been a bust. Anyway, the camping and kayaking trip was great and the scenery was beautiful.



On Saturday, I was able to attend the wedding of two close friends -- Robin and Bobby (known to us as Bobbin!). They used to live one floor below us when we were in an apartment on 4th Street in Philly. Greatest guys ever. Bobby has recently become my running partner and Robin often hooks us up with tickets to opera performances or tips regarding good theater events.

Their wedding was beautiful and I cried for most of the service. The reception was a delight -- they have TONS of physical theater actor friends who were the greatest/most interesting dancers. Too fun to watch. I had a difficult time dancing because I was laughing so hard. I felt very honored that we were invited to their wedding because it was evident that they attract really great people.

I love this picture of their cake-cutting! Side note: A few weeks ago, we had them over for dinner directly after they had their cake-tasting, so we had the opportunity to eat 10+ of the wedding cupcake's trial versions. Yum!


This week I also managed to make large flower boxes for the backyard. They are painted Superman blue to match with the orange wall. Awesome. (Photos coming soon....)

No comments: