Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Expanding the Family

Happy Second Anniversary to Us!

It's neat to think of the progression of our relationship as follows:
9 months of dating

Photo: At Alki Beach in Seattle after a long walk and one month of dating.
9 months of engagement The story behind the photo: The morning Joshua proposed, he came over to The Pink Palace, where I was living, very early in the morning. While I was just starting to wake up, he told me that he had made me a shirt to wear. It said Mrs. Fantastic to match his much-loved Mr. Fantastic shirt. He asked if I would wear this shirt for the rest of my life. I responded something like, "AWESOME." To which, he explained that he was proposing. Then took some silly photos and started our day full of all the activities Joshua had planned for us/all of my favorite things: parades, a soccer match with friends, good food, seeing family, dancing and being with Joshua! It was, in fact, awesome.
9 months of marriage (before we purchased a house)
Photo: At a Philly park after one month of marriage.
One year of home ownership (so far)
Photo: Mid-rehab of our house.
And now after 9 months of begging....
We have a dog!!! Simon is a medium-sized, energetic, 8-month, lab retriever/terrier mix. He was found on the streets of Camden and has been staying with a wonderful family who fosters pound pups. We couldn't be more excited to add another member to the family! (We are hopeful that Shanti feels the same way!) I'm sure lots of photos and stories of Simon will be coming in the future of this blog.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Awesome. :) I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet Simon! And congrats on celebrating all your milestones... just think of how many more there are to come!!