Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Saved Email Messages from 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Kate
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 1:07 PM
To: Laura Thompson
Subject: RE: I'm getting married!

consider me teased, like a set of bangs from the 80s!

is he hot?
is he good looking?
is he funny?
is he hot?


so you're just gonna leave me hangin', eh?

k


-----Reply Message-----
From: Laura Thompson
To: Kate
Sent: Mon, Mar 7, 2005 4:42 pm
Subject: RE: I'm getting married!

Yes, very.
Yes, very.
Yes, very.
Yes, very.

I love your priorities -- looks and humor! Really, he is just perfect, Kate. AND I think that he likes me a bundle, too. But I know that I often get ahead of myself, so I should calm down.

Love and the deepest devotion from now until forever as angels fly through the heavens with the music of the ages,
Laura





Even though this email chain is missing the original email, which proclaimed that I was going to get married, the humor of our messages is still totally funny. Especially because Joshua and I consider our dating anniversary to be March 5th (or March 3rd, we always forget) and I sent the original email stating that I was getting married to Joshua by March 7th (at the latest).

In the same way that everyone else in my family knew that they had met their future spouse at first blush, I knew right away that Joshua was the one.
Happy 3rd Anniversary, Joshua! I still love you more than you could imagine.

No comments: