Friday, December 23, 2011

40 Weeks

So many people I know (or at least keep in touch with through Facebook) had babies last week and this week.  Every day I seem to see a new baby photo on Facebook.

I have been (superstitiously, I admit) purposefully not been finishing important projects in hopes that the baby would want to arrive at an inopportune time.  Obviously that wasn't working so in the last few days, I finally installed the closet doors in the baby's room, purchased a Christmas gift for Joshua, packed my hospital bag, wrapped the last of the presents, and finished up a load of other projects.  Hear that, Baby?  Baby?  Hello?

Kate said that I need to act like her when she was waiting for Neal to propose ... once she decided that he was never going to do it and she became fine with the situation, then he proposed.  So I was like, "I'm supposed to think that the baby is never going to be born and I'll always be pregnant and then the baby will come?"  Ha!

Whenever the baby arrives is fine with me.  Sure, it is still difficult to not want a great birthday for the little nugget, but I'm trying to be open to whatever happens.  At the OB doctor's appointment this morning, we discussed scheduling an induction on New Year's Eve if the baby doesn't arrive naturally before then.  What a fun birthday that would be!

No comments: