Sunday, March 11, 2012

Our Little Cry Baby

James is a much more difficult baby for us than Alma was.  Not sure if it is because we are trying to juggle more this time around with more laundry, a bigger house to clean, a toddler to manage, I'm working from home, Joshua's work is taxing, etc. etc.  James is continuously having more stretches of smiling and laughing but they are no where as consistent as they were with Alma. While she loved to have some independence from our arms, James would like to be held constantly.  He is even starting to tire of the Mody wrap so I have to hold him in my arms most of the day. 

The counter balance to this situation is that James is better about sleeping at night.  While he wakes up every hour or two, he also goes right back to sleep with a few pats or a little nursing.  In general, I feel more rested than I did during the first months with Alma.

Even through all this crying, I still am overly in love with him.  He is the cutest little boy and I'm excited to see him continue to grow ... and (hopefully) calm down a bit. 

No comments: