Thursday, November 7, 2013

October Photos

I'll admit that I'm someone who falls into thinking that if I haven't done something that day, it never did and never will happen.  For example, if I didn't get much time outside (or if I am currently not outside), I will bemoan the fact that I "never get outside" and "I'll never have free time to go outside ever again."  It's 100% completely not annoying to Joshua (ha!).
 
I admit this because this is one of the many reasons I snap quick pictures of our daily events and post them on the blog: so I can see how many fun things I get to do with my children.  I can log on when I'm feeling like a less than stellar mother (i.e. they weren't given my full attention as I had to attend to other things like making dinner) and see all the ways that we connect, enjoy the world and each other. 
 
Sure photos from special events and holidays are awesome, but it's the every day that I want to live most fully and remember that I did in fact live fully ... if not taking a second away from the present to snap a crummy cell phone picture for posterity. 





 End of September and all of October:
Outdoor concerts in Allentown, zoo trips, parade-watching, artwork development, walking around the neighborhood visiting the statue Alma used to call "mama", park trips for lunch, Moravian College for dessert ice pops (before Alma's first day of school), setting up shop in a store to enjoy their books selection, first attempt at bundling up, finishing the bathroom remodel, Joshua's birthday celebration, kids zoning out in their own ways (James with small wooden trains; Alma under a blanket listening to either Aesop's Fabels or BBC's children's stories), pink day at James's daycare (he was beyond excited to don so much pink), playing in dirt near his preschool (on an inactive construction site).

No comments: