Sunday, August 30, 2015

Quick update: Malvern life

Trail-Gator Trailgator Bicycle Tow Bar (Red)



We just got a trail gator so that Alma and I can ride our bikes in tandem.  It's awesome.  This morning the kids and I went 4 miles on the Chester Valley Rail Trail, visiting two big parks.  James is great about riding alongside Alma and me on his Strider bike so that we can go zipping along as a unit.  What fun!  And the encouragement from the other riders and runners on the trail (big smiles, "way to go!") is so motivating for the children.



The Marsh Creek Lake, which is just a 20 minute drive from our house, has a friendly and generous sailing club which races Lasers every Sunday afternoon.  I've gone two weeks in a row now and have had such fun using the loaner boat.  It is so nice to get back out on the water.  The last time I sailed was six years ago and I have never been on a Laser.  I was happy that it has been easy to pick up as it is such a responsive little boat.

School:
The kids and Joshua had meet the teacher day on Friday and seem excited about school starting.  Alma was told by one sweet little girl that she was going to introduce her to all her friends, become her new best friend and show her everything about the classroom.  James was excited about his male assistant teacher and the fish in the classroom.  Joshua is totally going to thrive at this school -- the other teachers already speak so positively about him.  So neat to see him back in a classroom.  This school has a great vibe which makes me so happy.

House:
The house is still working out well.  I planted some bushes and flowers in the front to spruce it up a little. 



 

No comments: