Friday, December 6, 2019

Randy! MoMA!


I was in NYC for a work meeting and, as I walked by the NY Times on 5th Avenue, I decided to text our former South Philadelphia neighbor, Randy, who is an editor at the NY Times to see if he had time for lunch.  Happily, he did! 

Not only did I get to have lunch in their cafeteria with an old friend, but he gave me a tour of the Times, which was awesome.  It was so quiet in the office.  For some reason, I thought it would be much louder.  I guess my only experiences with NY office buildings were financial, which are often quite loud.  It was so great to see Randy and catch up for a bit before I had to run off to my meeting.


After my meeting, I was able to visit the newly renovated Museum of Modern Art (MoMA).  I don't think I've ever been to the MoMA even though I love modern art.  It was great to take myself on a date to look at art (and people looking at art) and go out to dinner by myself. 


No comments: