Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Early Fall






Life is still normal-ish while we stay relatively isolated to decrease exposure to COVID-19.  While Joshua spends a large part of his weekend prepping for the upcoming school week, the kids and I have been hiking (this last weekend at Marsh Creek while watching the Lasers race), swimming laps at an empty YMCA before getting Rita's treats, and baking delicious cakepops.  I also spent my free time painting a feature wall in our living room -- partly to add some color, partly to hide the paw prints the children leave on the walls.  

Last week I was back on campus for a small event.  It was nice to see the beautiful campus and some colleagues.  I was grateful that everyone was masked, distancing, and that the weather was nice enough to open the Mansion's large French doors. Working from home is fine -- I simply plug away at emails to the sounds of the animals snoring -- but I'm feeling a little anxious over how isolating this winter may feel.  We are so grateful to have escaped so much of the pandemic's impact; however, there is still a sense of mourning over the missed connections and opportunities.

No comments: