Friday, April 13, 2007

Easter and Birthdays, Thompson Style

Yeah, there was an Easter bonnet competition at the ol' Thompson Easter Gathering.
Wonderful craziness was guaranteed when we had the following equation:
Giant Bubble Wands
+
Smallish Backyard
+
Cousin's Children Loaded with Candy
+
Aunt Claire backed by her sister's loving energy
+
Edible Easter Bonnets

We rang in my 28th birthday with a breakfast at the Pink Rose Cafe, a homebuyer meeting (fyi: we are starting to consider purchasing a house since we know that we will be here at least two years, with Temple and all), too many decorations to mention around the house, a presentation for class, tons of fun voicemail messages/cards/emails from family and friends, a carrot cake cupcake, and little gifts including veggie-handled butter/jam spreaders!

Two days before, I celebrated with my parents at Piatto's, a swanky Italian restaurant in Carlisle. I took the train out to Carlisle to say hello to the folks and spend a day working with my father. Now I can officially say that I know how to hang a wallpaper boarder. Not super well, but at least I know how!

Tonight: Egg coloring party! Dr. Kate Yoder coming to visit! Cousins and more family! Beer, or, as it is known around here, "lager"! A huge birthday cake! More exclamation points!!!!!!!

No comments: