Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weekend Visit

Last weekend, we went to Carlisle to visit Mom and Dad Thompson. It was a nice visit. On Saturday, while Joshua went fly fishing with Dad, Mom and I went to the farmer's market and for a long walk.
The greatest part of visiting my parents is how welcoming they are. Not only does every dinner party contains an assortment of individuals that reaches well beyond their group of friends, but they are constantly doing things for others. Every time I visit, I notice how generous they are to everyone in the community.
For example, Mom and I were going to sit in the backyard under the huge tree to have some tea and assorted snacks. Before I even joined my mother, she was surrounded by a large assortment of neighborhood girls. These little girls populated the chairs, began chowing down on the snacks and conversing with my mother. And when they were done eating, they stuck around because they really enjoy my mother's company. Who doesn't, right? I love my mom to bits and I'm happy she has a crowd of little people who adore her as much as the rest of do.

Here's an image I captured before I went out to join them. (The little girls where wiggly and hard to capture on film.)
Here's one of the funnier imagines one of the little girls took with the camera. I love it!

1 comment:

Patrick said...

It must be a genetic thing, because you clearly have the good hosting and welcoming-ness down cold already yourself.