Monday, July 20, 2009

Friends, family, parades, weddings and babies

July has been a busy month for us. Here are some highlights:

Tara, my Minnesota friend who I knew in Seattle who currently lives in Portland, OR (tracking her has become my hobby!), came to visit us in Philadelphia on the way to her brother's wedding in NYC. It was so great to see her -- she is such a great soul. We spent one evening touring Eastern State Penitentiary. It was fun and reminded me of when we toured Alcatraz together.

For the 4th of July, we joined Brian, his son and my parents at a parade. I love small town parades! Here's Brian, Joshua and Charlie the dog enjoying the parade. Last weekend, I was a pregnant groomsman in Patrick and Carrie's weddings. It was so fun to hang out with "the boys" from college while Joshua had a fun time hanging out with the wives. Highlights included Carrie's butt-wiggling excitement during the ceremony, Adam's best man toast (gosh knows he's done them enough!) and all the little touches that Patrick and Carrie did to make the wedding really special. What a great couple and a good group of friends and family.My cousin Tara and her fiance Brian had their wedding shower in Clinton, NJ at my aunt and uncle's house. It was fun to see some of my Thompson relatives and meet Brian. We are hoping to attend the wedding but are unsure of how I will be feeling about the long drive up to New England at the beginning of September.
In super exciting news, Brian and Bridgette welcomed a baby girl this past week. While she was born 11 weeks early, she is a fighter and seems to be doing well thus-far. I'm shy to say more since they are private about baby-related news when it comes to their own family, which I want to respect. Please keep them in your prayers as she continues to grow and develop.

In more baby news, Joshua and I had our 20-week ultrasound today. The baby was moving around so much they had a difficult time analyzing all the body parts. The baby was tucking its legs over its head along with its hands and then spinning around a bunch. I don't even know how that is possible!! But things look great and the baby is on track growth-wise. My parents came along to the ultrasound, too, which was fun. This past week I have started to feel the baby move around more often. It's beginning to feel more real these days.

No comments: