Friday, April 22, 2011

The Big Three-Two

On the 12th, I turned 32. As a child, 32 was BY FAR my favorite number. I remember fantasizing about turning 32. I expected that by that time I would have a wonderful husband (check), house of our own (check), an interesting career (check), a cat and a dog (check) and a few children in high school (happily I missed the mark on this one -- 32 is much younger than I was imagining as a child).

Because Joshua had to work the night of my birthday, we shifted the celebration a bit.  I spend the night before celebrating with a delicious cake -- chocolate cake with orange cream cheese icing, which tasted like a chocolate orange.
The next morning, we went to Bada Bingg in Allentown for breakfast.  They had boots in cement to play on the mob-theme of the restaurant. 
Then Alma and I went out to Carlisle to hang out with my parents for a few days.  This cake was chocolate with marshmallow icing -- my go-to for birthday cakes. Yum!

Nana, Alma and I went for a great bike ride along the rail trail.   Even though she has a very serious riding face, Alma loved spotting the birds, farm dogs and squirrels as we rode. 


No comments: