Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Bedtime songs

I've been singing the same bedtime songs to both kids for over a year now.  I know that I feel that I will remember these songs forever, however -- since I don't seem to remember anything that happened with the children more than two days ago (unless it is written about on this blog) -- I want to write it down to make sure.


Song #1: The Namaste Song (learned when Alma and I did a weekly Mommy and Me yoga class at Wake Up Yoga in South Philly from the time she was born until we moved when she was 8 months old)

The light in you is the light in me.
Namaste I bow to you.
The light in you is the light in me.
Namaste I bow to you.
You are the light and the light is you.
We are part of all we see.
You are the light and the light is you.
We are part of all we see.
Namaste Namaste Namaste OM
Namaste Namaste Namaste OM


Song #2: You Are My Alma/Jamers (original production, set to the tune of You Are My Sunshine)

You are my Alma
My lovely Alma
And I love to love you so
You're my daughter and I love you
From your head to your toes


Song #3: The Barney Song (yup, the song Barney sings during his show; I didn't like it at first because it came from a TV show but the lyrics -- when sung so many times -- feel sweet and like it is our own song)

I love you
You love me
We're a happy family
With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you
Won't you say you love me too?

No comments: