Thursday, June 12, 2014

Jai alai

The other day the kids and I were outside from 8am - 6pm (except for the 2 hour nap we all enjoyed in the middle of the day) enjoying the beautiful weather. 

At the end of the day, I stepped inside to start some pizza dough in the bread maker.  When I peeked out the window, Alma had a concrete bocce ball in Simon's ball launcher and was about to hurl it at James, who she placed 5 feet away against the garage wall.  Yikes!   It reminded me of Jai alai (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jai_alai) or shooting apples on the top of another's head.

In my typical fashion, I ran outside yelling STOP while laughing hysterically before Alma smashed her brother's head in with the bocce ball .  I kept laughing and laughing -- what I do when nervous or scared -- with Alma looking at me like, "Are you saying stop as I hear you saying or do you want to do it because it is hilarious?"  Poor kiddos, your mother is so confusing.  Eventually I calmed down (while keeping a hand on the launcher to make sure it was understood that it shouldn't be used) and explained which balls were appropriate/the importance of distance/just throwing the ball for the dog/etc.

I love how inventive they are at coming up with new games in the back yard.  And, while I'm all for invention, let's try to avoid hospital trips/James needing a new face!!

No comments: