Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Throwback: First Photo as a Couple



Somewhere along the way, I decided that the imprecise approximation of when Joshua and I started dating was March 5, 2005, which we refer to as our kissaversary.

For Joshua's Spring Break that year, we went down to Redmond, Oregon to camp along the Crooked River and climb at Smith Rock.  This is the first photo we took as a couple, using a cheap disposable camera on the top of a scrambling hike up to Monkey's Fist as the sun went down.  As you can see from the laundry detergent splashes, the photo has been in a cheap frame on our washing machine since we've been married. Even though it's a bit beaten up, it's a favorite because it reminds me of how grateful I am for that time in our lives and of how blessed I am to have met this handsome, smart, charming, and dedicated man on the climbing wall at the gym.

No comments: