Saturday, October 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, Joshua!

I love Joshua to bits. Not only is he:
  • the most handsome man in existence;
  • the person who can both keep me laughing consistently but also make me laugh so hard that it often aches;
  • my best friend and confidant,
... but he also prioritizes us and our relationship before everything else. It is so reassuring to know that I'm part of a life-long commitment to someone who is so already so exceedingly wonderful but who also strives every day to be a better man, better husband and better human. Who could ask for more?

Joshua is very intentional about making sure that I'm well taken care of and that I know that I am actively loved and adored. While I try to return this adoration on a daily basis, I love celebrating his birthday since it can be a day fully devoted to him!

Here are some recent birthday celebrations:

Sailing in Seattle, 2005


Chewbacca Playing Football Cake, Philadelphia, 2006


Awesome Mustache, Philadelphia, 2007


Being Tough, South Philadelphia, 2008


With the delicious Whole Foods Carrot Cake, Philadelphia, 2009

This year, he spent this birthday helping a neighbor pack up their moving truck, going to a 3-hour pregnancy yoga class and then waking up early the next morning to do a charity run. Not that he didn't enjoy all of these things, but it is this selflessness that seems to run through everything Joshua does. He is amazing.

No comments: