Monday, October 26, 2009

Lupus Loop


The Lupus Loop was great fun! It is always so nice to see my cousin Christine, her husband Doug, daughter Paige, son Quinn and my Uncle John. What a great family and what a great way to honor my Aunt Kathleen who passed away from complications caused by lupus ten years ago.

I always remember this story my father used to tell me about Aunt Kathleen, his oldest sister (she was the third born of nine children): When she was married and had her own place with my Uncle John, she used to open the fridge and just look at the food. Since they grew up in a household where opening the fridge was not allowed and no one was ever allowed to eat food without permission, Aunt Kathleen enjoyed being married and marveled at the fact that the food in the fridge was all available to her. Ha! I love that story because it is so sweet.

The walk was so nice -- great weather -- and Joshua enjoyed the quick 5k run. You can still donate here.

No comments: