Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Adam and Jen's Wedding

Adam and Jen's Halloween wedding was such a great event. Quite possibly one of the most enjoyable weddings I have ever attended and easily one of the greatest Halloween parties I've attended.

Jen was beautiful and Adam was all smiles at the ceremony in the little Lutheran Church in Lutherville, Maryland. Once the ceremony started, we were told not to take photos, so I didn't get to capture all of the magic.
After the ceremony, we went back to the hotel where the reception was being held to change into our costumes. Patrick, Carrie, Megan, Adam, Joshua and I dressed as the running of the bulls. I decided to be the bull, since I figured that I was the slowest in the group -- you know, being eight months pregnant and all. We made a grand entrance into the cocktail hour by having a grand chase. Then, later in the evening, we had another chase in which Patrick threw Joshua into the path of the bull (me), I gored him and then (pretend) stomped on him while he was laying on the dance floor. The crowd seemed to like our antics.

I got lot of comments on my speed as the bull. I have to admit that it was nice to have an excuse to run. I've been feeling very fit these days. My pregnant belly feels more like awesomely tight ab muscles more than the burdensome bump that many pregnant women describe. And with this cooler weather, I often feel like going for a run more than I feel like pigging out on food. Thank goodness I have prenatal yoga class four days a week so I can expend some energy. Revelers at the party had great costumes; like this group who dressed as a bouquet of flowers. Cute!

No comments: