Saturday, November 21, 2009

What We Do While We Wait

We have been enjoying the last weeks of pregnancy with lots of fun projects.

Last weekend, Dad came out to visit. And, in typical Dad fashion, he completed a metric ton of projects around the house that have been haunting us. Mainly, he fixed all of the electrical outlets and light switches that we tried to enhance. For example, we have been living without a light in the kitchen -- beyond the little one over the stove top -- for over a year now. Having a real light in the kitchen is pretty amazing. Possibly even life changing.

Here he is installing numbers on the front of the house with Joshua.
As a break from all of the work on the house, Dad and I headed over to the Independent Seaport Museum, where I worked for a short time, for an afternoon of gawking at boats. It's always so much fun to hang out with my father. To celebrate Brian and Bridgette's newest babe, I recently made this quilt. Honestly, I'm a bit of a hack when it comes to quilting, so I was really pleased with this one. It may be the best one yet and it was really fun to make knowing that my first niece will get to enjoy it.

Since some prominent literature suggests that black and white designs are good for a baby's development, I also made a quilt for our little TBD.

Today, Joshua is making two poviticas, one for Thanksgiving and the other to celebrate the coming of the baby. And, because using power tools is always more fun when pregnant, I'm replacing all of the kitchen cabinet doors. We had to replace the kitchen cabinet doors because the Ikea laminate on them was falling off.
The back story: When we first moved into this house, Shanti the cat accidentally (or at least that is what she tells us) turned on the kitchen faucet when we were both at work. Since there were dishes in the sink, the sink filled with water and then the water started to fill up the entire kitchen (and basement). The water seeped into the cabinets and caused them to split. Now, two years later, the cabinet doors were really starting to split apart even more. Good thing Ikea still makes this design.
Before:
After (with Shanti looking away in shame) ... also notice the dishwasher that we recently got as a graduation present from my parents:
And since no pregnancy is complete without lots of "showing off the belly" shots, here you go. This was taken two weeks ago. My belly seems even bigger now. Having a pregnant belly is awesome and I'm already sure that I will miss it.

1 comment:

Grericag said...

You are such a beautiful pregnant mama!! I'm sure you will miss having your "little" buddha belly leading you around - I certainly did. However, it will be nice for you to be able to hug Joshua tummy to tummy again without the belly interference - hehe! Tomorrow marks your 40 week mark, so I'm sure I'll get your text any day now that the wee one is on his/her way! ...or you could go another 2 weeks, who knows-these things are a mystery...but either way, you'll be holding your sweet babe before you know it! Yippee! Those quilts you made are so beautiful by the way. You have such great taste and are always so creative :) Lots of love and good labor vibes headed your way...