Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hawk Mountain

 Today Alma and I ventured to the Hawk Mountain Bird Sanctuary for a hike.  What a great place!  While we enjoyed a snack of pretzels, Alma enjoyed watching birds at the bird feeders outside the visitor center.
 After a mile of snowy, icy and somewhat slippery hiking, we made it to a great lookout where we snapped this picture.  A little windy so Alma hid behind my back.  It's so funny to hike with her because if I pause to rest or navigate the route she starts kicking her legs like I'm a horse who needs to "giddy up!"

It is sad to say but even though the hike was wonderful, the best part of the day might have been the all-you-can-eat pizza place we found on the way home.  I'm still stuffed.  And Alma loved dancing to the music from the video games from the arcade. 

No comments: