Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Alma's questions of the day


We are certainly headed into the age of questions with Alma.  Here are just a few of the hundreds of questions Alma asked today....

[While watching the Moravian baseball team practice on a lush grass field]
Alma: How do you make this?
me: Make what?
Alma: A baseball field

Alma: Why do you bake bread?
me: [boring answer about how it is my way of loving our family with wholesome, homemade food, etc.]
Alma: No, that's not the reason.  It's because we didn't have any in the house!

[Alma looking at the bouquet of lilacs on the dining room table after I took a big sprig for the butterflies who just hatched*]
Alma: We had three flowers and you took one.  Now we have two flowers.  Why are there only two?
me: I have no idea how to explain that.

* Yes, we are hatching butterflies in a special habitat in the house.  It's pretty cool. 

And the best for last...

[During a lovely lunch with friends]
Alma [in a complete non sequitur when all other conversations got quiet]: Uncle Neal, do you poop a lot?

No comments: