Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy 1st Mother's Day



James's Auntie Kate ("Aunt Cake" according to James) and Baby Timothy were visiting Lancaster last weekend so James and I got in an afternoon visit.  It was great to see Mrs. Yoder, get time with my bestie and see the happiest baby in the world.  Timothy didn't fuss for even a second.  That's what you get from a super confident, capable, life-loving momma (and Neal too!).  What a lucky kiddo. 

James loves babies so he was fascinated to see one up close.  When I held Timothy at dinner, James immediately asked when it was his turn to sit on my lap or if Timothy could share (like Alma and James do at home).  James was happy to tell Timothy what was happening outside the window of the restaurant in an exaggerated "mommy voice" (slow with lots of smiling).  I happened to mention that Timothy didn't have teeth and that fact blew James's mind.  I love knowing that the next generation of sweeties is being prepped to hang out together. 

Happy 1st Mother's Day to Kate!  And happy Mother's Day to all the other fabulous women in our lives!

No comments: