Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Rules*

When we were growing up, my father had three simple rules for us:

1. Nothing with needles -- no tattoos, no drugs, no piercing.
2. If you do something bad or illegal, don't get caught.
3. Don't name your child Francis.


Well, Brian and I did okay on the first one (after college, I had a pierced nose for a bit) and we did really well on the second rule. But my brother just blew it on the third rule ...

Yes, Brian and Bridgette had a baby boy last week! While they didn't exactly name the baby Francis, that is the baby's middle name. For blogging security sake**, we are still going to call the baby Flicker. Flicker Francis. Has a nice ring to it, right? (And honestly, I’m probably going to break the third rule too because the name is too nice to pass up. Frances is my confirmation name, don’t ya know?)

He's totally beautiful -- long and thin like his parents. He and his parents are doing well, if not a little tired. We are so excited for all of them!

* Yeah, I'll admit it ... this may be one of those times when I happily mis-remember and simplify my childhood.
**If you want to see photos, email A-M or me. We will be more than happy to oblige.

No comments: